Patriotic Star Clock
Parental supervision is recommended
Show your patriotic spirit with this star spangled paper mache clock. A great kids craft for the 4th of July, Flag Day, Memorial Day or any day celebrating America.
What you'll need:
- Paper mache star-shaped box with lid
- Liquitex Gesso White
- Navy blue craft paint
- Red craft paint
- 4 Small Woodsies Stars (or any wooden stars)
- Small screwdriver
- Hot glue gun and sticks
How to make it:
- Use the small screwdriver to punch a hole where the clockworks will come
through the front of the clock. Before you punch the hole, put the clockworks inside the clock and mark where you will punch the hole. Do it fairly close to the center of the star.
- Paint the whole box and the 4 wooden stars with Liquitex Gesso White paint.
- Allow the box and stars to dry overnight.
- Paint the lid of the box and the bottom of the box with navy blue craft paint. Leave the sides white for now.
- Let the blue paint dry.
- Draw stripes on the sides of the box with a pencil and a ruler. Paint every other one with red craft paint and leave the others white.
- Hot glue the stars to the front of the clock (bottom of the box) where the 12, 3, 6, and 9 of the clock will be located. See photo so you know what the position of the stars are.
- With white Liquitex Gesso, paint the marks between the wooden stars where the other hours are located.
- Place the lid back on the box. Set the box on its side so that you can read the clock clearly and place it where you want!