Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Display your child's artwork using these personalized star magnets. Kids will be proud to have their artwork hung for all to see.
Don't forget to check out all our amazing Back-to-School crafts.
What you'll need:
- 3" Wooden flat star
- 5" Decorative ribbon (1" wide)
- Craft paint
- Glitter glue pens
- Markers (to write names on stars)
- Hot glue gun
- Very strong magnet (as large as you can fit behind the star)
How to make it:
- Paint your star the color desired and let dry.
- Using a contrasting colored marker, write the child's name and any other words on the star. Ideas: "My Artist Did This" " A Masterpiece by" "— Did This" "Look What — Did!"
- If you mess up on the lettering, just repaint over the star.
- Using a glitter glue pen, draw a thin line all around the outside edge of the star and let dry.
- Take your piece of ribbon and fold it in half lengthwise.
- Starting at the end of the ribbon, cut at an angle toward the folded edge. You should have a "V" shape cut out of the ribbon.
- Repeat for other end.
- Fold the ribbon in half. Slightly angle the ribbon so you will see both pieces (see photo).
- Hot glue on back of star with edges showing below the bottom of the star.
- Hot glue the magnet on the back of the star.
- Date the back of the magnet with the marker.