Star of David
By: Hailey Biback
Age: 3 and up
This sparkly Stars of David (also known as Magen David) will add lots of lively color to your home this Chanukah.
What you'll need:
- 6 colored craft sticks (popsicle sticks)
- White craft glue
- Glitter pens (or loose glitter)
How to make it:
- Apply a small drop of glue to the ends of three coloured Popsicle sticks and lay them on top of each other in the shape of a triangle. Repeat this process with three more sticks, so you have two identical triangles.
- Wait 15 to 20 minutes for the glue to set.
- Once your triangles are dry and securely glued together, lay one on top of the other in opposite directions so that they form a star.
- Put small dabs of white craft glue on the points that meet and gently hold them together to help set the glue.
- Wait another 15 minutes to make sure everything is dry and begin your decorations.
- Using glitter pens or white glue and sparkles, add some personal touches to your Magen Davids. Display on the table, mantel or windowsill.
- If you can’t find colored Popsicle sticks, paint your own using washable acrylic paint.
- For a different look, decorate both sides of your Magen Davids and, using long pieces of fishing wire or colour ribbon, hang them over your table from your light fixture so they look like twinkling stars in the sky.