Stitched Pumpkin Loot Bag
Parental supervision is recommended
Give trick or treaters an extra treat with this stitched pumpkin loot bag. You can either make it for or with kids for some Halloween crafting fun.
What you'll need:
- Orange paper
- Clear plastic (report covers work well)
- Black yarn
- Permanent black marker
- Hole punch
- Candy corns
How to make it:
- Cut 4 to 4 1/2 inch squares of orange paper and clear plastic. I am able to get 12 cut outs from 1 report cover.
- Draw the shape of a pumpkin on the orange paper.
- Holding the clear plastic and orange paper together cut out the pumpkin shape.
- Draw a face on the clear plastic with a permanent marker.
- Holding the shapes together, punch holes around the edge of the pumpkin.
Start at the top center of the pumpkin and make the punches about 1/4 in. apart
- Lace up the shape with yarn, starting at the top center. Leave a long tail and start sewing from the front. I recommend a whip stitch (overcast), although a running stitch may also be used.
- Stop about 5 holes from the end, and fill with candy corns.
- Finish sewing and tie a bow in the center.
This craft is along the idea of sewing cards. It will also work with other shapes such as stockings for Christmas, hearts for Valentines Day, etc. They make nice school party favors.