Leprechaun Hat for Kids
Make this leprechaun hat to decorate your table and hold snacks on St. Patrick's Day.
What you'll need:
- 10x13" Green construction paper
- 9x12" Black construction paper
- 9x12" Yellow construction paper
- Pen or pencil
How to make it:
- Cut a circle out of the green construction paper the full size of the paper.
- Cut a strip of paper to make a band to put around the boy's head, tape it. Put that circle (slightly oval) on the paper to trace the inner circle. Then draw a circle around it. Leave about a 2" brim on 3 sides and about 4" on the "front".
- Draw the trapezoid, and cut out the gray parts. (see photo)
- Cut out a band out of black paper and a buckle out of yellow paper.
- Glue the hat band on the hat and then the buckle on top of the band.
- Bend the hat piece up and try on the child.
- You may need to adjust the opening to fit the individual child's head.
- On the underneath side, apply tape to the two points where the hat bends. This will help reinforce the stress point, and hopefully prevent tearing.