Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
Kids can make strawberries out of walnuts for their Strawberry Shortcake friends, or turn them into nature necklace charms or ornaments. Go nuts with this berry cute craft.
What you'll need:
- Walnuts with their shells on (one per strawberry)
- Red paint
- Green felt
- Thin ribbon
- P.V.A. or strong craft glue
- Black marker, optional
How to make it:
- Paint as many walnuts as you want strawberries, and set aside to dry.
- Cut out small cross shapes from your felt - one for each strawberry.
- Make a small hole in the middle of each cross.
- Make a "loop" with a piece of ribbon and place the ends of the loop in the hole you should have made. This will be what you hang it by.
- Stick your leaves with the ribbon to your walnut, using a small amount of your glue.
- If you like, add small black dots with your marker to make your strawberry seem more realistic.
- Your strawberries should now be ready to hang anywhere you please!
These strawberries are great to hang on a door handle or by a windowsill.