By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
This pretty rainbow colored string-covered vase used to be a hot sauce bottle! What a fun way to give a new, beautiful purpose to an old container.
What you'll need:
- Glass bottle
- Rainbow colored string
- White craft glue
- Strip of green felt, measured to go around top of bottle
How to make it:
- Be sure glass bottle is clean and dry. Apply white craft glue all around the bottom part of the bottle, one inch high. (See photo.)
- Start wrapping string around the bottom of the bottle. Continue wrapping, keeping the string close together, gently pushing down with a toothpick if needed. Add more glue and continue wrapping string until you reach the top of the bottle. (See photo.)
- Cut a piece of felt wide enough to cover the lip of the bottle and long enough to wrap around it once. Glue in place. Allow everything to dry completely. (See photo.)
- This project can be done all in one sitting or in several steps. If your child needs a break, simply place the bottle somewhere and pick it up again later.
- Look for rainbow colored string at your local craft store. String is sold in large spools.
- Save glass bottle from condiments, sauces, or juice to use for projects such as this.