Stuffed Felt Santa
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 6 and up
This ornament can be put together quickly and even little ones can get in on the fun.
What you'll need:
- Felt: red, white, flesh color, pink
- 2 miniature black pom-poms
- 1 miniature pink pom-pom
- 1 medium glitter white pom-pom
- 6" piece of red ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Felt glue
- Cotton batting
How to make it:
- Use pattern to cut out 2 large white triangles, 1 small red triangle, white strip, flesh color face, and 2 pink circles (see image).
- Glue the two pink circles (cheeks) to the peach face. Glue the pink pom-pom (nose) in between the cheeks and the two black pom-poms (eyes) above the pink pom-pom, using felt glue.
- Assemble the hat by gluing the white strip to the short end of the red triangle. Glue the white glitter pom-pom to the top point of the triangle (see image).
- Loop the ribbon and tie in a knot. Hot glue the ribbon end to the top point of one of the large white triangles. Glue the other white triangle on top of that at the point, closing the ribbon end inside. Hot glue the left and right side of the triangles together, leaving the bottom open (see image).
- Glue the face and hat to the white triangle. The white pom-pom on the hat should line up with the red ribbon.
- Fill the white triangle with cotton batting then seal the bottom of the triangle shut with hot glue (see image).
- Optional: You can cut a mustache from white felt and glue to Santa's face if you like. For younger children, simply cut out a half circle.
- Pom-poms, ribbon, and felt are all items that are inexpensive and are must haves in your craft box.
- Instead of pom-poms, you can use felt for the hat top and marker for the eyes and nose.
- If you don't have any cotton batting, fill ornament with scraps of fabric.