Stuffed Thanksgiving Turkey Craft
Parental supervision is recommended
Get the kids involved with your Thanksgiving decorating by having them craft this stuffed turkey table decoration. It's an unusual way to make use of odd socks and mittens.
What you'll need:
- Mitten (who has lost its mate)
- Sock (that has been outgrown)
- Stuffing (old socks, scraps of felt, or torn up old clothing)
- Tacky glue
- Two wiggle eyes
- Gold or yellow felt
- Red felt
How to make it:
- Let the child stuff the mitten using old socks, fabric, or felt scraps. Use a pencil to get the fabric up in the fingers of the mitten. These are the turkey's feathers.
- Let the child stuff the sock until the stuffing reaches the heel. This is the turkey's head and body.
- Push the end of the sock up inside the mitten.
- Bend the stuffed end of the sock so it looks like a head is looking at you.
- Spread tacky glue on the back side of the turkey body and then push against the palm of the mitten. (see picture)
- Let the child cut out the beak and feet out of gold felt, and the wattle out of red.
- Glue the beak, feet, wattle, and two eyes on the turkey.
- Let dry.
Bonus! Try these other easy Thanksgiving Crafts for kids: