Parental supervision is recommended
Give a mother close to you a cute and practical gift with this styrofoam pincushion. This makes a perfect Mother's Day craft project to do with a group of kids.
What you'll need:
- A Styrofoam ball, cut in half
- Tacky glue
- A jar lid
- Lace, rick-rack, whatever for decorating
How to make it:
- Cut a circle of felt large enough to cover the round part of the styrofoam ball.
- Glue the felt to the ball at the bottom.
- Glue the ball into the jar lid.
- Decorate with lace, rick-rack, whatever around the jar lid. You may also want to decorate the ball with a crisscross-cross of ribbon or rick-rack. Tuck the ends into the jar lid.
- If desired, you can spray paint the jar lid prior to gluing in the covered ball half.