Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
Your little one will have fun crafting this snowman out of Styrofoam!
What you'll need:
- Two inch Styrofoam ball (Note: or use three balls in incremental sizes)
- Two and a half inch Styrofoam ball
- Three inch Styrofoam ball
- Four toothpicks
- Mini black pom poms
- Orange chenille stem (regular or bumpy)
- Wire cutters
- Tacky glue
- Piece of ribbon or felt
- Butter knife
How to make it:
- Take a butter knife and even off the bottom of the largest Styrofoam ball. This will allow the snowman to stand up.
- Push a toothpick halfway into the top of the largest Styrofoam ball (make sure the flat bottom is on the table).
- Push the medium-sized Styrofoam ball onto the toothpick.
- Push a toothpick a little more than halfway into the top of the medium-sized Styrofoam ball. (Note: You don't want the toothpick sticking out the top of the head!)
- Push the smallest Styrofoam ball on top of the toothpick. This is the head.
- Cut a short piece of orange chenille stem off for the nose. (Parents please do this step)
- Push the nose into the middle of the (front) of the smallest Styrofoam ball.
- Glue on pom pom eyes, mouth, and buttons.
- Cut a strip of felt or ribbon for the scarf. Glue where the scarf crosses both to the Styrofoam ball and to the other piece of scarf.
- Stick two toothpicks in the middle-sized Styrofoam ball for the arms. (see photo)
- How fun! Your own non-melting snowman!