Summer Vacation Stationery
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 5 and up
Kids will love this project that allows them to personalize their own letters about summer vacation. Whether it’s a letter from summer camp, a note to Grandma about your trip or a letter to a friend that is gone for the summer, your kids will enjoy this project.
What you'll need:
- Construction paper, card stock or writing paper
- Foam stamps of your choice
- Acrylic craft paints
How to make it:
- Lay paper on table.
- Choose stamps with which you wish to decorate your stationary.
- After choosing your paint colors, paint a foam stamp and press gently but firmly onto the paper. Decorate with stamps around the edges; just be sure to leave yourself enough room to write your letter.
- After all paint decorations have dried you can write your letter.
- Foam stamps are available in a variety of shapes and themes at your local craft supply store.
- You can also sign your name by using foam alphabet stamps.
- Use paint pens or markers to add details to animals or shapes.
Match your stationery theme to your vacation. For example, if you visited the beach, use sea shells stamps, fish and other sea creatures.