By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Help kids create this simple journal craft to keep track of the family vacation, camp, playing with friends and just plain downtime. A perfect summer craft.
What you'll need:
- Foam journal or other notebook
- Foam letters (available as stickers)
- Foam shapes (we used flower and sport themes)
- Wiggle eyes
- Craft jewels
- Fabric paint tubes
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Open journal and make sure it is right side up.
- Glue foam shapes onto journal wherever you like.
- Use wiggle eyes, craft jewels, and fabric paint to decorate however your child sees fit. We glued craft jewels onto our purple journal as well as onto the centers of our foam flowers. We used wiggle eyes to give life to the different sports balls.
- Many foam shapes are available as stickers now, eliminating the need for the glue and making it easier for smaller children to participate.
- Foam journals, stickers and shapes are readily available at craft supply stores. You can find them in discount department stores, but selections are not nearly as large.
- If you child isn’t sure how he/she would like to decorate their journal, have them lay everything out on the cover first. Encourage them to move items around until they are happy with their design. Keep the items all in place and glue each one down one by one.