Sun Hat Mother's Day Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This Mother's Day card appeals to moms who love the genteel look of sun hats. The best thing is your mommy can hang this card up as a wonderful all-year-long decoration.
What you'll need:
- Lace hat
- Artificial flowers
- Glue gun
- 1/4" W x 20" L ribbon
- 1/8" W x 10" L ribbon
- Design cardstock
- Sculpting scissors
How to make it:
Step 1: MAKING THE CARD
- Place lace hat on design cardstock and trace around edge.
- Cut out hat shape using sculpting scissors.
- Turn design cardstock shape over with white side facing up and design on back.
- Glue cardstock shape and hat together at top sculpted edge allowing hat to flip up to reveal the message on the front of the card.
Step 2: MAKING THE HAT DESIGN
- Cut off stems of artificial flowers.
- Glue flowers around hat.
- Tie a double bow with 1/4" W x 20" L ribbon.
- Glue bow to the bottom of hat.
- Fold 1/8" W x10" L ribbon in half.
- Glue ribbon to the center of bow.
- Replace lace hat with a small straw hat.