Suncatchers Christmas Tree
Parental supervision is recommended
Let your kids make your Christmas tree sparkle with this beaded suncatcher ornament made of beads and glue. This homemade craft makes a great holiday gift for family and friends, or to hang it on your Christmas tree as a decoration.
What you'll need:
- Pattern (see below)
- Drinking straw
- Clear plastic lanyard (Rexlace)
- 76 light blue transparent beads (7mm)
- 28 green transparent beads (7mm)
- 6 brown transparent beads (7mm)
- 3 orange transparent beads (7mm)
- 1 pink transparent beads (7mm)
- 1 red transparent beads (7mm)
- 1 yellow transparent beads (7mm)
- 1 dark blue transparent beads (7mm)
- Tacky glue
- Suction cup (with a hook or with a slit)
How to make it:
- Cut strips of clear Rexlace, one for every row in the pattern, that are
10 inches long.
- Fold each strip of clear Rexlace in half so that they curve towards each
other. (Rexlace has a natural curl in it.)
- Fold each strip around the straw and string the beads over both layers
of clear Rexlace in the order the beads go on the pattern. Do 1 column at
- After each column is finished, tie a knot at the end.
- Put a drop of tacky glue in each knot to help it stay.
- Let all of the knots dry and then cut off the extra clear Rexlace at the
- Trim the straw so that it is a little longer than the suncatcher on both
- Run a piece of Rexlace through the straw and make a loop to hang the
suncatcher from. Tie a knot at the end and put a drop of glue in the knot.
- Hang it from the suction cup and enjoy!
Suncatchers are for year around fun!