Parental supervision is recommended
Put a smile on your window and your child's face with this yellow beaded smiling suncatcher--a great introductory pattern for kids.
What you'll need:
- Pattern (see below)
- Drinking straw
- Clear Plastic lanyard (Rexlace)
- 52 dark blue transparent beads (7mm)
- 69 yellow transparent beads (7mm)
- 68 clear transparent beads (7mm) * appears gray on pattern
- 8 black transparent beads (7mm)
- Tacky glue
- Suction cup (with a hook or with a slit)
How to make it:
- Cut strips of clear Rexlace, one for every row in the pattern, that are 10 inches long.
- Fold each strip of clear Rexlace in half so that they curve towards each other. (Rexlace has a natural curl in it.)
- Fold each strip around the straw and string the beads over both layers of clear Rexlace in the order the beads go on the pattern. Do 1 column at a time.
- After each column is finished, tie a knot at the end.
- Put a drop of tacky glue in each knot to help it stay.
- Let all of the knots dry and then cut off the extra clear Rexlace at the ends.
- Trim the straw so that it is a little longer than the suncatcher on both ends.
- Run a piece of Rexlace through the straw and make a loop to hang the suncatcher from. Tie a knot at the end and put a drop of glue in the knot.
- Hang it from the suction cup and enjoy!