Sweet Cupcake Mother's Day Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 & up
Parental supervision is recommended
This cupcake card requires no baking, but is just as great of a gift. Give this to your super sweet mom on Mother’s Day!
What you'll need:
- White cardstock
- Design cardstock
- Dark brown cardstock (2" W x 4" L)
- 3-D pink and white iridescent fabric paint
- Double-sided padded tape
- Glass gem (large)
- Glitter white
- Glue gun
- Cutting knife (for scoring)
How to make it:
MAKING THE CARD
- Cut out a 5½"W x 11"L rectangle on design cardstock.
- Fold in half so it becomes a 5 ½"W x 5 ½"L square.
- Trace and cut cupcake pattern on white cardstock.
- Have an adult score a 1/8"W sized pleat with a cutting knife, fold and repeat while alternating sides using dark brown cardstock (for cupcake wrapper).
MAKING THE CUPCAKE
- Wrap pleated dark brown cardstock around bottom of cardstock cupcake.
- Glue side edges on back of cupcake.
- Place double-sided padded tape on back of cupcake.
- Place cupcake on front center of card.
- Cover (A) with pink 3-D fabric paint for icing. Let dry.
- Cover (B) with white 3-D fabric paint for icing. Let dry.
- Place double-sided padded tape on the back of pink and white icing.
- Place pink icing on top of cupcake, securing with the double-sided tape.
- Place white icing on top of pink icing, securing with the double-sided tape.
- Cover cupcake with a second layer of pink and white icing
- Cover white icing with white glitter
- Glue a large glass gem on top center of cupcake. Let dry.
- Replace pleaded dark brown cardstock with half of a real cupcake paper cup.