Sweet Gum Pod Mouse
Age: 6 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
What you'll need:
- Sweet gum pod/ball with stem, Dried (without seeds)
- Acorn or other small nut
- 2 (5 MM) Wiggle eyes
- Low temp glue gun or tacky glue
- 2 tiny Brown pom poms
- Dried pine needles
- Slice of dead tree branch or other piece of wood for base (about 1/2" thick and 2" across)
- Gold spray paint
How to make it:
- Glue the pod to the wood with the stem sticking out. The stem will be the tail.
- Glue the acorn to the other end of the pod, slightly at an angle for the head.
- Glue on the wiggle eyes and then the pom poms for the ears.
- Cut the dried pine needles to the desired size and glue on for the whiskers.
• The sweet gum pod needs to be dried (without seeds) and brown in color.
• If the pod is green it has not released its seeds yet.