Symbols of Christmas Bell
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This pretty little bell displays different symbols of the Christmas holiday. Add or change the symbols to reflect your favorites.
What you'll need:
- Plastic, paper, or foam cup
- 1 gold glitter chenille stem
- 1 medium gold glitter pom pom
- 1 white pony bead
- Felt for symbols in holiday colors
- White craft glue
- White glitter glue
- Paint or markers (optional)
How to make it:
- Cut symbols from felt to fit on sides of cup. Some examples are goldenrod – cross, green – Christmas tree, green and red – holly berries, white – snowflakes, red and white – Santa hat, etc.
- Place cup upside down on the work surface. Glue the symbols to the sides of the cup.
- Fold chenille stem in half and thread on the white pony bead. Stop the bead leaving about a 1.5” loop.
- Very carefully, poke or cut a small hole in the top of the upside down cup. Thread the chenille into the hole. It should stop when the pony bead hits the hole. Secure with glue.
- At the other end of the chenille fold one of the stems up into the cup so it cannot be seen. Glue gold pom pom to the end of the visible chenille stem. You mat have to hold this in a place for a minute or two until the glue begins to grab.
- Line the bottom and top brims with white glitter glue and let everything dry completely.
- You can substitute construction paper symbols for the felt.
- Talk about the different symbols of Christmas with your children.
- Make several of these and string onto a ribbon!