Table-Setting Place Mats
Learning How to Set the Table
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
Help a child learn to set the table by crafting these table setting place mats. The following craft can be made together and then can be used to help preschoolers stretch their independence muscles. Your little one(s) will relish their new found independence and responsibility.
Looking for more fun craft ideas for kids? Check out also our complete listing of great Back-to-School crafts and other activities for fun ideas to do with the kids
What you'll need:
- 12 x 18 sheets of construction paper (one for each family member)
- A place setting (all items normally found on place mat at mealtime)
- Clear Con-Tact paper
How to make it:
- Show your child where each item should be placed on the place mat, naming them as you go.
- Once all of the items are in place, use a marker to trace around them. (It may be easier to trace them using a pencil and then go over the outline with a marker, depending on the width of the marker tip.)
- Remove the items and decorate the place mat, personalizing them with names, pictures, stickers, or any other materials the child likes. Use Con-Tact paper to completely cover the place mat.
- Encourage the child to use these as guides until he or she is comfortable setting the table as their special job.