Tacos & Tostadas
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
Mexican food is a huge part of celebrating Cinco de Mayo. To celebrate this fun holiday and all the tasty meals that go with it, try making these adorable foam tacos and tostadas.
What you'll need:
- Tan craft foam, cut into a 3-4" circle
- Brown, yellow, green and red craft foam, cut into strips
- White craft glue
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
- To make the taco, glue brown foam strips to the circle. Be sure they are hanging over the edge so they will be sticking out when you fold the taco.
- Repeat Step 1 with each color until you've worked your way around the circle. Fold the circle in half as you go to make sure it looks right. Use green for lettuce, yellow for cheese, and red for tomato salsa.
- Fold the circle in half and hot glue in place to hold it closed.
- For the tostada, smear the circle with white craft glue. Cover with brown foam strips.
- Dot white glue on top of the brown strips and add a layer of yellow and orange foam strips for the look of cheese.
- Dot white glue on top of the "cheese" and add the "lettuce" by gluing on green strips.
- Lastly, cut a few red strips into squares and glue the "tomatoes" on top.
- You can purchase craft foam in individual sheets in many colors, or you can purchase packages of various shapes, sizes and colors. Either option will work since they can easily be cut down to strips.
- You can add a magnet to the back of your taco and hang it on the fridge!
- Felt can be substituted for foam in this craft.