Thanksgiving Place Cards
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Give your dinner guests a holiday surprise with these cut Thanksgiving place cards that are a great way to decorate your Thanksgiving table!
What you'll need:
- Paper napkin in fall colors or orange construction paper
- Small paper clips
- Apple, any color
- Almond, with or without the shell
- Peanut in the shell
- One Lifesaver candy
- Two small wiggle eyes
- Yellow construction paper
- Hot glue gun
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Hold the almond point down and use white craft glue to attach eyes on rounded part. Let glue dry.
- Use hot glue gun to glue the ring-shaped hard candy to front of apple. Don't use white craft glue as it will cause the candy to start to liquefy and run down the apple (glue the ring-shaped hard candy on the apple's shoulders).
- With hot glue gun, glue almond to ring-shaped hard candy (covering the hole, point down) and let dry.
- Glue peanut below almond for turkey wattle.
- Unfold napkin so it is approximately 6" x 11", then fold accordion style. If you don't have a napkin, you can use a 6" x 11" piece of construction paper.
- Pull ends of folded napkin together to make a fan. Secure with paper clip at bottom. Sit napkin behind the apple.
- Bend the end of the paper clip and insert into apple.
- Cut a piece of yellow construction paper into a rectangle to make a place card. Write your guest’s name on the place card.
- Use a paper clip to hold place card or glue a toothpick to the back of the card and insert into the top of the apple.