Thanksgiving Place Holders
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 and up
These cute and festive place holders are perfect for Thanksgiving. Super easy to make, kids can put these together while dinner is in the oven. This craft provides a great way to get kids involved in the holiday festivities!
What you'll need:
- White construction paper
- Leaf shaped foam stamps
- Decorative leaf stickers
- Black Sharpie marker
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Acrylic paint (yellow, orange, red, brown, green)
How to make it:
- Cut a piece of construction paper in half so that you end up with two pieces approximately 5 x 7 inches.
- Fold both pieces in half again to create the place holders.
- Use a black Sharpie marker to write your guests names on the place holders.
- Decorate around the names with painted foam stamps or stickers.
- Instead of just painting a solid color on your foam stamp, add dots or swipes of a contrasting color to the first color. Once stamped on the place holder, this creates a fun and decorative effect.
- If you have stamps that are too large to fit on the place holder, place your stamp so that it looks like it is falling off the edge. Simple overlap the stamp over the edge of the place holder, being certain you have newspaper underneath to catch the paint from the overlapping stamp.
- The scrapbooking aisle at your local craft store has a huge variety of shiny, decorative stickers to choose from. Stickers are wonderful for small children because they are very easy to manipulate.