Parental supervision is recommended
Bring the colors of nature into your home with this Thanksgiving Centerpiece craft for kids.
What you'll need:
- Striped green and yellow squash
- Yellow and green candles
- Apple corer
- Florists' adhesive clay, optional
- Dried leaves or vines, as desired
How to make it:
- Break off the stalk from the gourds.
- Use an apple corer to make a bigger indentation in the top for a candle.
Note: If the gourd is too hard to do this, get some florists' adhesive clay and use that to hold the candle in the top.
- Insert a candle.
- Make a centerpiece with several candleholder gourds and some of the ones (with nice stalks) that you saved.
- Scatter in some fall (dried) leaves or vines, whatever you can find. Use your imagination!
Purchase small striped or colorful gourds. There are always lots available in the grocery stores at this time of year. Keep the ones with pretty stems to include without candles.