Tie Rack or Thread Holder
Parental supervision is recommended
This woodworking Tie Rack or Thread Holder project is a great one for Scouting groups. Surprise Dad this Father's Day with your talents.
What you'll need:
- Board (1" x 4")
- Rasp or router
- Finishing nails: Size 10d
- Woodburning kit, optional
- Sanding block or foam sanding pad, or sandpaper
- Measuring device
How to make it:
- Cut a board to desired length.
- "Ruffle" (wave) all edges with a rasp or a router.
- Sand down rough edges.
- Pound in 10d finishing nails in a row, 1-2" apart, 1" from the edge.
- Either woodburn a "title" or add another row of nails offset from the first row.