Tiger Cub Magnetic Frame
Parental supervision is recommended
Surround a favorite picture with something special when you craft this tiger cub magnetic frame. You can add an exotic jungle flair to your other magnetized fridge decorations.
What you'll need:
- Printable pattern (see below)
- Tiger print Flexi-Foam by Fibre Craft
- Black Flexi-Foam by Fibre Craft
- White Flexi-Foam by Fibre Craft
- Tacky glue
- Heavy duty magnet
How to make it:
Print pattern below for Tiger Cub Frame:
For the PC(90 dpi) - For the Mac (72 dpi)
- Print out pattern for picture frame. Cut out pieces.
- Trace around the tiger face pattern piece on the Tiger print.
- Cut out the tiger face.
- Cut out the interior circle of the face.
- Cut 2 pieces of black craft foam to a rectangle sized 3/8" x 1 1/2".
- Cut a slit in the middle foam lengthwise to about 1/4" from the end.
- Cut two more slits (on either side of original slit) to create 4 whiskers.
- Repeat with other piece of black foam.
- Glue the whiskers on the frame. (See photo for placement)
- Trace around the inner ear piece on white craft foam.
- Cut pieces out.
- Glue white inner ear pieces on the tiger face. (See photo for placement)
- Cut a round circle a bit smaller than the tiger face.
- Glue a small bead of glue around 3/4 of the circle.
- Glue the black circle on to the back of the tiger face with the unglued area towards the top of the head. (Note: This allows for the picture to be inserted)
- Glue the magnet to the back of the black circle.
- When the whiskers have dried, separate the whiskers a bit.
- Cut the picture to fit the frame. Insert picture.
- Display on your refrigerator or file drawer.
Be sure to always keep magnets away from your computer and diskettes!