Tiger Finger Puppet
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 5 and up
Finger puppets are such fun! Make several of the tigers and have a mini puppet show! A great way to celebrate Chinese New Year, the Year of the Tiger.
Be sure to check out our Chinese New Year crafts page and Chinese recipes for more fun. Also learn what is Chinese New Year, Chinese Astrology, and view our slideshow of our favorite Chinese New Year crafts too!
What you'll need:
- Orange and black felt
- 2 yellow medium wiggle eyes
- Black marker
- Felt glue
How to make it:
- Cut a piece of felt to fit around child's finger. It should wrap around once with about ½" overhang. The felt should cover the entire finger. Use felt glue to secure the felt in a tube shape, place it onto a paint brush handle to dry. (See photo.)
- Cut thin strips of black felt for stripes, about 1 inch long. Pipe lines of felt glue onto the left and right sides of the orange tube and gently press the black felt stripes into the glue. Let dry. (See photo.)
- Cut a small triangle out of black felt and glue to the face for the nose. Glue wiggle eyes in place above the nose and add a mouth with a marker. (See photo.)
- Cut three strips of black felt for whiskers, and then cut them in half. Glue three halves to one side of the face and the other three to the other side.
- Felt is inexpensive and provides hours of crafting fun. Be sure to add a few sheets to your basket whenever you are at the store.
- White craft glue can be used but doesn't grab as well as felt glue and can soak into the felt. You may need to reapply.
- Yellow and other colored wiggle eyes are available at local craft supply stores.