Tiger Pencil Holder
Parental supervision is recommended
If you love tigers and have a lot of pencils that are always out of place, this tiger pencil holder will help put them in their place. This is a fun and useful craft for kids since it comes in handy both at school and at home.
What you'll need:
- Printable pattern (see below)
- Plastic juice can (washed and dried)
- Tiger print Flexi-Foam by Fibre Craft
- Black Flexi-Foam by Fibre Craft
- White Flexi-Foam by Fibre Craft
- 3 Black chenille stems
- Wire cutters
- 24 mm Wiggle Eyes
- Tacky glue
- Rubber bands, optional
How to make it:
Print pattern below for Tiger Pencil Holder:
For the PC(90 dpi) - For the Mac (72 dpi)
- Cut a piece of Tiger print to fit around the juice can. Glue to the can. Note: You may need to use rubber bands to hold the foam piece around the can. Remove rubber bands after the glue dries.
- Print out pattern for the tiger face. Cut out pieces.
- Trace around the tiger face pattern piece on the white craft foam.
- Cut out the tiger face.
- Glue the white piece on the tiger foam.
- Trace around the nose piece on black craft foam.
- Glue the nose piece on the white piece. (See photo for placement)
- Cut one chenille stem in half. Bend for the mouth. Attach with glue at the bend.
- Cut one chenille stem in half. Bend in half. Repeat for other half of chenille stem.
- Glue the whiskers on the frame. (See photo for placement)
- Repeat for other side of face with last chenille stem.
- After glue is dry on chenille stems, separate whiskers gently.
- Cut out 2 circles of white craft foam slightly larger than the wiggle eyes.
- Glue the white circles on the Tiger foam. (See photo for placement)
- Glue the wiggle eyes in the middle of the white circles.
- Trace around the outer ear pieces on the Tiger print foam.
- Cut pieces out.
- Trace around the inner ear piece on white craft foam.
- Cut pieces out.
- Glue white inner ear pieces on the tiger ears. (See photo for placement)
- Attach the ears to the inside of the can above the eyes with glue.
- After everything is dry, add your pencils and display on your desk.