Time in a Chain
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
This paper "time in a chain" craft is a fun, visual way for children to countdown the 'sleeps' to any big event.
What you'll need:
- Construction paper
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Glue stick or stapler
How to make it:
- Check the calendar and count how many days until the important event.
- Cut construction paper in strips with the paper cutter or scissors, making one strip for each day until the event.
- Bend the strip into a circle and glue or staple into place.
- Take another strip and insert into the center of the circle.
- Bend the second strip into a circle and fasten with glue or staple.
- Repeat with the rest of the strips to make a paper chain.
- Hang up the paper chain in a room.
- Let your child break off one link each morning. When the last chain has been broken, the special day has begun!
This can also be used daily for learning math problems. You can either use it to teach subtraction or even for counting.
Make a chain with a "birthday link" in a special color and the last link also in a different special color for counting down the sleeps till a special birthday or occasion.