Tissue Paper Candle Jar
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This colorful craft is easy enough that little ones can handle it but fun enough that older kids like it, too. Vary the colors of your tissue paper to match the season or personal taste.
What you'll need:
- Small glass jar, such as a jelly jar or baby food jar
- White glue
- Various colors of tissue paper
- Tea light or votive candle
How to make it:
- Tear various colors of tissue paper into small sections.
- Mix the glue and water, using two parts glue to one part water. The mixture should be thin but not runny.
- Using the paintbrush, cover the jar with the glue mixture.
- Place each piece of tissue paper on the jar, overlapping pieces of paper.
- Brush an additional layer of the glue mixture over the tissue paper-covered jar. Let dry.
- Add a candle to the bottom of the jar. When an adult lights the candle, the jar will have a stained glass appearance.