Parental supervision is recommended
Turn your toothbrush into a unique recycled bracelet and watch your kids start a new fashion craze for Earth Day!
Please be sure to check out more of our recycled craft ideas and Earth Day crafts. Also visit our recipes and printables pages for additional fun. Take our quizzes to test your Earth Day IQ and find out if you are living green.
What you'll need:
- Old toothbrush
- Tweezers or pliers
- Large mug
- Oven gloves
How to make it:
- Remove all the bristles from the toothbrush with tweezers or pliers.
- Boil water.
- Keep water boiling, put toothbrush in water for five minutes.
- Remove toothbrush with tongs, bend to desired shape.
- If toothbrush doesn't bend enough, submerge again in water.
- Remove brush and bend as much as possible.
- Place bent toothbrush in bottom of mug to hold it's shape while it cools.
- Pour cold water in mug and remove your new bracelet.
- This craft requires fishing the hot toothbrushes out of boiling water and bending them while they are still hot. Be sure to use a simple toothbrush for this, it seems the fancier, and more high tech the toothbrush the stronger, and more difficult to bend. We had luck with the classic REACH toothbrushes.