Toothpaste and Toothbrush Costume
Parental supervision is recommended
Keep cavities at bay and scare away evil gingivitis with this homemade toothpaste and toothbrush costume.
What you'll need:
- White material (an old sheet works great, but ask first!)
- Sewing Machine and white thread
- Felt or material for lettering
- Tacky glue or Wonder-Under fusible webbing (see instructions)
- White lampshade (cap for the toothpaste, wear on your head)
- Large piece of cardboard (cut up a box)
- Craft paint, any color desired
- 8" or larger long scrub brush
- Hot glue gun
- White turtle neck or sweatshirt
- White sweatpants or tights
How to make it:
- Cut two pieces of white material about twice as wide as the child and the length should be from shoulders to about their ankles.
- Cut the letters to make "toothpaste" out of felt or material.
- If using felt, glue the letters on sideways going down the length of the material (down the middle). If using material, iron the letters on to the fusible webbing, per manufacturer's instructions, cut out and then iron on to the white fabric in the same way as per the felt instructions.
- Cut arm holes and neck holes (slightly rounded openings) in the fabric on both pieces.
- Place right sides together and stitch using a straight stitch, making sure to leave openings for the head, arms, and the bottom of the fabric!
- To make the toothbrush, cut a shape out of cardboard similar to the shape of a toothbrush, but make it as big as the child will be!
- Paint the toothbrush handle any color you like. Let dry.
- Hot glue the scrub brush to the top of the toothbrush handle.
- Put on your white outfit, add your costume, add the lampshade to your head, pickup your toothbrush and go have some fun!