Traffic Light Treat Bag
Parental supervision is recommended
Stop your friends in their tracks with this fun Traffic Light Treat Bag. Watch the kids go with smiles on their faces.
What you'll need:
- Narrow empty box to use as mold (one family used an International Coffee tin stood on end)
- Black construction paper
- Red construction paper
- Yellow construction paper
- Green construction paper
- Double stick tape
- Hole punch
- Chenille stem in red, yellow, green, or black
- Circular item to trace (such as yogurt lid, jar, cup, etc.)
- Tissue paper, if desired
How to make it:
- First locate a box that is small enough that the construction paper can wrap completely around. Note: If you have larger party favors, you can tape 2 pieces of construction paper together.
- Wrap the construction paper around the box and use double stick tape to seal.
- Fold in the ends of the bag over the box as you would if wrapping a present. Seal using the double stick tape.
- Slide the bag off the box. Hole punch 2 holes in opposite sides of the bag about a 1/2 inch from the top.
- Take a chenille stem and put one end through a hole to the inside of the bag. Twist the end around the stem to secure. Put the other end of the chenille stem through the other hole on the bag. Twist the end around the stem to secure.
- Locate a circular shaped item of the correct size. You will need to fit 3 circles down the bag to resemble a stop light.
- Trace one circle on red, yellow, and green construction paper. Cut out circles.
- Use double stick tape to secure to bag as shown in photo.
- Add tissue paper, if desired, and the party favors!
You can make these bags any size that you may need.