Tree House Signs
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 and up
If your kids have a tree house and want to make it their own, they can make a fun sign to express their tree house rules.
What you'll need:
- Wood plank or slat
- Craft paint
- Large and small paintbrushes
- Foam stamps for decorating
- Twine or fabric
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Paint the wood slat whatever color you like and let it dry.
- Use a thin paintbrush to write your "rules" (i.e. "GIRLS ONLY" or "BOYS CLUB") on the slat, use a contrasting color so it can be seen. (See photo.)
- Use foam stamps to decorate your sign if you wish. (See photo.)
- When everything is dry, paint on a coat of sealer.
- For the hanger, you can cut a strip of 1.5-inch fabric and glue the ends to the back. You can also use jute or twine to tie around both the left and right sides (see photo), and then tie in a knot at the top (see photo). Secure the jute with some glue.
- Wooden slats are available at craft supply stores.
- Foam stamps are available from craft supply stores in a wide variety of themes and sizes.
- When "writing" with a paintbrush, load the paintbrush with a generous amount of paint, but not so much that it drips of the paintbrush.