Tree of Thanks
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 and up
This charming centerpiece will be the talk of your holiday dinner table. If you have a small gathering, use a smaller branch, if you need more room, make more than one!
For more fun turkey-themed crafts, visit our main Thanksgiving crafts page. For more holiday fun, visit our main Thanksgiving page and learn about great Thanksgiving-themed entertainment and activities like clip art, books, and coloring pages.
What you'll need:
- Twig with branches
- Heavy vase, container or basket with rocks
- Floral foam
- Silk leaves
- White card stock
- Black marker
- Hot glue gun
- American moss
How to make it:
- Fill container (we used an urn) with floral foam. Pack it in tight so that it doesn’t move around.
- Insert twig into the floral foam until secure.
- Hot glue one silk leaf for each member of your family that will be attending the holiday celebration onto the end of each branch.
- Write each family member’s name on pieces of card stock. Hot glue one name below each leaf.
- Arrange American moss over the top of the pot and hot glue in place.
- Place on the holiday table.