Parental supervision is recommended
Bring a smile to the face of your neighborhood ghouls with this trick-or-treat witch. This witch Halloween craft for kids will require patience and some supervision, but the finished results are worth it.
What you'll need:
- Block of wood cut into long slender triangle shapes
- Craft paints in black, white, peach, burgundy, and white
- Sponge, optional
- Black crepe paper
- Olive green paper twist
- Masking tape (or black electrical tape)
- Black permanent marker
How to make it:
- Use a pencil to draw the shape of the face on the wood.
- Use a pencil to draw the square shape of the sign on the wood.
- Paint black around the outside of the face and sign. Be sure to paint the back. Let dry.
- Paint the face peach. Let dry.
- Draw the facial features on with the black marker.
- Using a paintbrush or sponge, paint the cheeks.
- Use the marker to draw the fingers holding the sign.
- Paint the fingers peach.
- Paint the sign white. Let dry.
- Using the marker, write any message you want. Decorate as desired.
- Randomly paint stars using white paint on the hat and the dress.
- Unroll paper twist.
- Cut into long, thin strips.
- Using masking tape (or black electrical tape), tape the hair into place.
- Cut the bangs to length desired.
- Cut a circle out of black crepe paper.
- Cut a slit in the middle of the hat.
- Slip the hat over the top of the witch.
- Take a length of paper twist and wrap around the top of the hat. Tape or glue in place.