Trophy for Dad
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
Is your dad worthy of an award? Of course he is! Make him this shiny, gold trophy for Father's Day.
What you'll need:
- 2 foam coffee cups
- 5 inch square box (or one cut to size)
- Masking tape
- 1 gold chenille stem
- Gold craft paint
- Black construction paper, cut to fit on side of box
- White paint pen
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Turn cups upside down and trim bottom lips to make them flush. (See photo.)
- Glue the bottoms of the two cups together. (See photo.)
- Tape the square box shut by covering the entire box with masking tape. (See photo.)
- When glue on the cups have dried, wrap a piece of masking tape around the middle where the two cups meet. (See photo.)
- Cut the chenille stem in half and insert into each side of one of the cups as trophy handles. (See photo.)
- Cover cups completely with masking tape. (See photo.)
- Paint masking tape on both the trophy and the box gold. Let dry. (See photo.)
- Write "Awarded World's Best Dad" on the black construction paper with white paint pen. Glue to the front of the box. (See photo.)
- Pipe white glue onto the bottom of the cup that does not have the chenille handles. Press onto the top of the box and let glue dry completely. (See photo.)
- Fill the trophy cup with Dad's favorite candy.
- Paper cups can be used instead of foam.
- Use boxes from crackers, cereal bars, and convenience foods for projects like this one.