Turkey Note Holder
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This cute little turkey note holder can hang from your refrigerator or your front door. Whether his note says “Welcome”, “Where’s the Beef?” or “What’s for Dinner?," everyone will think he’s adorable!
What you'll need:
- 2 jumbo craft sticks
- Brown acrylic craft paint
- Small wooden clothespin
- Small straw hat, cut in half
- Small red foam heart
- Miniature orange foam triangle
- 2 yellow foam chick feet
- 2 small wiggle eyes
- White craft glue
- Hot glue gun
- 9 feathers in fall colors
How to make it:
- Paint both craft sticks and clothespin with brown paint, set aside to dry. Paint a second coat on the craft sticks, but not the clothespin.
- Glue feathers in a fan behind one of the craft sticks. Sandwich the second craft stick behind the feathers.
- Glue the straw hat half to the top of the craft stick.
- Glue two wiggle eyes under the hat.
- Glue red heart upside down for waddle. Glue the orange triangle upside down at the top of the waddle.
- Glue the yellow duck feet to the bottom of the craft stick, pointing upward.
- Glue the clothespin to the front of the craft stick, pointing downward.
- To hang on the fridge, attach two round magnets to the back of the turkey.
- To hang on a door, attach a piece of ribbon or yarn to the back of the turkey.
- Save the other half of your straw hat for another project.