Felt Turkey Pin Jewelry Craft
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
In the day before Thanksgiving or on the day itself, give guests and friends a special reminder with this felt turkey pin. This is a fun kids' craft that can be done at school or at home.
What you'll need:
- Tan or brown felt for body and head
- Golden brown or tan felt for feathers
- Gold felt
- Red felt
- Two Tiny wiggle eyes
- Tacky glue
- Safety pin (about 1" size)
How to make it:To make it easier, draw your shapes on felt before cutting them out.
- Cut out a 1" circle for the body of the turkey.
- Cut out a 1/2" circle for the head of the turkey.
- Cut out a heart (1 1/2" wide x 1 3/4" tall) for the feathers.
- Cut a little oval shaped (1/4" wide x 1/2" long) out of red for the gobbler.
- Cut a tiny gold triangle for the beak (1/4" wide x 1/4" long).
- Cut out tiny feet (use your imagination) out of gold felt (1/2" wide x 1/4" tall).
- Cut a square of felt for the back of the turkey to hold the safety pin.
- Glue round body close to the middle of the heart shaped felt piece.
- Glue the round head overlapping the top of the round body.
- Add glue to the top of the wattle on the underneath side.
- Pull up the bottom part of the head and slip the wattle under it. Press down firmly.
- Glue twowiggle eyes on the head.
- Glue the beak near the bottom of the head (see picture).
- Glue the feet at the bottom of the body.
- Turn the turkey over. Open the safety pin. Lay the square of felt over the back (non-opening side) of the safety pin. Glue the square in place.
- Let dry. Wear and enjoy.