Turkey Table Decoration
Parental supervision is recommended
Finally a Thanksgiving bird that doesn't require cooking, but rather, crafting—a turkey table decoration. These funny looking gobblers will bring a smile to kids and grown-ups alike and no stuffing is required.
What you'll need:
- Wooden heart
- 2 Wooden doll heads (flat bottoms), one a little smaller than the other
- 2 Wiggle eyes
- Yellow craft foam
- Red craft foam
- Brown craft paint
- Red craft paint
- Orange craft paint
- Tacky glue or hot glue gun
How to make it:
- Paint the two doll heads brown.
- Paint the heart red and add orange accents, if desired.
- Allow to dry.
- Glue the two doll heads together, one on top of the other, to form the turkey's body.
- Glue the red heart behind the body of the turkey to form the feathers.
- Glue the wiggle eyes to the front of the head.
- Cut out the beak and gobbler from red and yellow craft foam.
- Glue the beak and gobbler as shown in the picture.
- Add a name card if you wish to use as a place setting on your table.
You can make this turkey as small or as large as you would like. The turkey can be a place setting decoration or a larger table decoration.