Turkey Toothpick Holder
Parental supervision is recommended
Kids can craft a Thanksgiving ornament that does double duty with this turkey toothpick holder. It makes a fun pass-around for after the feast--even better than doing the dishes.
What you'll need:
- 1 1/2' terracotta pot
- Popsicle stick
- Tacky glue
- Tiny wiggle eyes
- Feathers - brown, orange, black (or make some out of foam or paper)
- Fun foam or construction paper in black, brown, red, orange
How to make it:Before you start
- Find a place to work, and protect it with a large sheet of paper.
- Gather all your materials.
- Read all the directions.
Making your Turkey Toothpick Holder
- Draw a turkey head and neck on the brown paper or foam.
- Make a little pilgrim hat with the black paper or foam.
- Glue the head/neck to the Popsicle stick, then glue the hat on top.
- Add wiggle eyes, an orange beak, and red wattle.
- Attach the head to the pot.
- Glue the Popsicle stick to the inside of the pot.
- Glue some feathers to the back of the pot. You can also use a couple feathers for wings on the side of the pot.