Two Peas in a Pod Valentine's Day Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This is a wonderful card for your valentine who has a bit of a green thumb in the garden.
Make sure to visit our main Valentine's Day page for even more fun including additonal handmade Valentine's Day cards, Valentine's Day crafts, recipes, printables, and more. Also check out our slideshow of our favorite Valentine's cards.
What you'll need:
- Design cardstock
- Dark green embroidery thread
- Green felt
- Lime green felt
- Wooden beads small
- 1/4"x 5"green ribbon
- Glue gun
- Colored paper (2 colors)
- Thin wire 2"
- Pencil/ Ruler
- Glue stick
How to make it:
Step 1: Card Pattern
- Trace and cut card pattern with design cardstock.
- Trace and cut heart pattern with color paper.
- Trace and cut pea pod pattern with green felt.
- Trace and cut pea pod tip pattern with lime green felt.
- Cut out (2) small hearts with color paper. (We used pea green.)
- Curl two small pieces of thin wire. (Twist them around a pencil to get even curls.)
Step 2: Pea Pod
- Stitch along edge of pod with green embroidery thread
- Glue two small wooden beads in the center of pod
- Fold edges together
- Place a dab of glue on the inside ends of pod and pinch sides together
- Wrap lime green pea pod tip around top end of pod
- Glue tip in place
Step 3: Finishing Touches
- On the card, use green embroidery thread to stitch around the inside of the edge of heart cut out.
- Wrap the pea pod tip piece around the pea pod and glue in place. Then glue the whole pea pod to the front top center of cut out heart.
- Glue curled wire to the tip of pod.
- Tie a small bow with the 1/4" ribbon.
- Glue bow on front top center of cut out heart, over the very tip of the pea pod and the wire.
- Glue the paper heart cut out on the inside center of card with glue stick. Make sure the pea pod, wire, and ribbon show through the cut out heart shape of the card.
- Glue 2 small hearts on top of the cut out paper heart with glue stick. We placed ours on either side of the pea pod.
- You can replace felt pea pod with a paper cut out.
- Needles and wire have sharp ends. If little ones are completing this craft, have an adult do the steps involving the sewing and wire.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.