Unique Valentine's Day Card Sayings
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Nothing says Happy Valentine's Day with quite as much spirit as a homemade card. In a world of cell phones and email, there's something reassuringly special about a greeting card you can actually hold in your hand—and display in your favorite place.
What you'll need:
- Construction paper
- Various decoration materials (glitter, markers, stickers, and so on) Scissors
- Pen, marker, pencil, or crayons
How to make it:
Provide the kids with construction paper and loads of decorating materials. Here are a few ideas to make your cards unique:
- You light up my life!" Use an outline of a light bulb.
- "You're priceless!" Use a For Sale column from the newspaper.
- "For Mom, my need-le never ends." Enclose a packet of sewing needles inside the card.
- "Dad's an old smoothie—never rough on me." Use sandpaper and satin.
- "I'd like a Corn-ner in your heart." Glue a dried corn kernel in the corner of a heart card.
- "Where have you "bean" all my life? Glue on a dried bean.
Together, discuss the word usage and meaning of each of these sayings. Have fun making up new ones, too!