By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Kids will love making this fun and patriotic wreath so you can proudly display it on your door!
What you'll need:
- Foam wreath
- Wood letters (USA)
- White craft paint
- 3 sheets white felt
- 2 sheets red felt
- 1 sheet blue felt
- Red, white, and blue glitter glue
- White craft glue
- Patriotic star garland
How to make it:
- Paint the letters white and set aside to dry. (See photo.)
- Cut white and red felt into strips approximately 2" wide.
- Cover a 3" section of the wreath with white glue. Begin wrapping the white felt around the wreath, overlapping as you go. You can secure the beginning of your felt with a thumbtack if you like. Continue wrapping and glue until you run out of white felt. Finish wrapping with the red felt. (See photo.)
- Now that the letters are dry, paint each one with glitter glue, using a different color for each letter. Set aside to dry. (See photo.)
- Insert the beginning of the star garland under a piece of the wrapped felt. Wrap the garland around the wreath, inserting the end of the garland into the felt. Secure both ends with some white glue. (See photo.)
- When the letters are dry, glue them to the top of the wreath.
- Cut the blue felt into 1" wide strips and glue them together end to end to create a ribbon. When dry, tie it into a bow then glue to the bottom of the wreath and trim the ends.
- Cut some more of the patriotic star garland into 6" long pieces and glue them under the blue bow. Let everything dry.
- Glitter glue is available from discount department stores and craft supply stores.
- Foam wreaths are available at craft supply stores.
- Instead of blue felt, simple use some wide blue ribbon or even a long strip of fabric for the bow.