Valentine Card Holder
Parental supervision is recommended
Safely store your kids' valentines in this trusty card holder made with paper plates, colored yarn, fun decorations and lots of imagination.
What you'll need:
- 1 and 1/2 paper plates per child
- Hole punch
- Stapler, optional
- Ribbon or yarn in red, white, or pink
To decorate the plates:
- Paints, markers, or crayons
- Construction paper
- Lace, eyelet, or ribbons
- Tacky craft glue
- Old Valentines cards
How to make it:
- Cut one of the paper plates in half. Each card holder is made with 1 paper plate on the back, and 1/2 of a paper plate on the lower front - making a pocket to put the cards into.
- Decorate the plates. You'll be decorating the inside of the whole plate, and the backside (underside) of the half plate. Any of a variety of methods can be used to decorate the plates, this is a great place for creativity to shine. Let glue and paint dry before proceeding.
- Attach the plates together with a couple staples. Then punch holes around the plate to thread the ribbon/yarn through.
- Cut the ribbon at a slant on the end to keep it from unraveling. Wrap a bit of tape around the end of the yarn or ribbon to help make a 'needle' for lacing. Lace the plates together, and tie a loop at the top for hanging
- If lacing the plates together is too challenging, they can just be stapled together. (Lacing is a good activity for young children, but might require more help, time and supervision than is available)