Valentine Photo Frame
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 8 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Make this pretty photo frame with paint and a few craft jewels. A perfect Valentine gift for Mom, Dad or your Grandparents!
What you'll need:
- Acrylic paint: dark pink, pink, peach, purple
- Acrylic gesso (optional) (recommended: Liquitex Basics Gesso)
- Wooden photo frame
- Craft jewels
- Glue (recommended: white craft glue or Gem-Tac brand glue)
- Acrylic sealer spray
How to make it:
- Paint the frame with a coat of gesso. (See image.) Gesso is a craft medium that helps provide a good surface for paint to grab. You can skip this step and paint with white paint. Allow to dry.
- Paint the frame in four sections, each section being a different color (purple, pink, dark pink, peach). (See image.)
- When paint is dry, spray frame with acrylic sealer and allow to dry for about an hour.
- Use glue to decorate the frame with craft jewels. We used some sticker craft jewels and some that needed to be glued on.
- You can buy large variety packs of craft jewels that contains all different sizes, shapes and colors to be used in a variety of projects.
- You can use white craft paint in place of Gesso as a medium.
- Some craft jewels are self stick, just peel them off their backing and stick to your project!