Valentine's Day Cookies Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Decorate paper hearts as you would delicious Valentine's Day cookies. Kids will have fun coming up with their very own designs.
Make sure to visit our main Valentine's Day page for even more fun including additonal handmade Valentine's Day cards, Valentine's Day crafts, recipes, printables, and more. Also check out our slideshow of our favorite Valentine's cards.
What you'll need:
- White cardstock
- 5" x 6" piece of lace fabric
- 1/4"x 15" cream color ribbon
- 3-D fabric paint (recommended: pastel colors)
- 2 pearls (1- small & 1-large)
- 1 small artificial flower
- Glue gun
How to make it:
Step 1: Card Cutout
- Cut out a 5"x 6" rectangle with white cardstock.
- Cut out a 5" x 6 ½"rectangle with lace.
- Cut out various sizes (large, medium, small) of heart shapes with white cardstock.
Step 2: Cookies
- Pipe the edges of the white heart shapes (cookies) with 3-D fabric paint. Add dots, swirls, or patterns on the inside of the hearts, then let paint dry.
Step 3: Lace Card
- Glue lace along the top edge of card with glue gun.
- Glue ribbon over lace and along top edge of front and back of card.
- Tie a small bow with 1/4"ribbon.
- Glue bow at center at top on front of card.
- Glue small pearl on top of bow.
- Glue heart-shapes (cookies) on front of card.
- Glue a piece of 1/4"x2" ribbon to back of flower.
- Glue flower on top of heart cookies.
- You can replace lace for cardstock.
- Hot glue guns are very hot! Young children should allow adults to handle the steps using the hot glue gun.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.
• Victorian Valentine's Day Card
• Key to My Heart Valentine’s Day Card
• Beaded Love Card
• Favorite Valentine's Day Cards
• Homemade Valentine's Cards
• Valentine's Day
• Valentine's Day Crafts
• Valentine's Recipes
• Valentine's Romance
• Valentine’s Coloring Pages