Valentine's Day Doily Heart Card
By: Laura Young
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Don't have a lot of time to devote to creating handmade Valentine's Day cards, but want to give your sweetie something special? Here's an extremely easy card kids can create in under 10 minutes. All you need are a handful of supplies and your imagination!
Make sure to visit our main Valentine's Day page for even more fun including additonal handmade Valentine's Day cards, Valentine's Day crafts, recipes, printables, and more. Also check out our slideshow of our favorite Valentine's cards.
What you'll need:
- Cardstock or construction paper
- Heart-shaped doily
- Markers or crayons
- Glitter glue
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Fold cardstock in half to form card.
- Apply white craft glue to the back of the heart-shaped doily.
- Glue the doily onto the front of the card. (See photo.)
- Use markers and crayons to decorate the front of the card. Have kids write greetings such as "Happy Valentine's Day" or "My Mommy" on the front.
- Apply some glitter glue on various places on the card to give it some extra sparkle. Let dry before signing the inside of the card.
- Cut around the heart-shaped doily to make a cute little heart-shaped card. (See photo. We used Karen Foster Design paper for this design.)
- Apply stickers, lace, or other decorative elements to the card.
- Drop your cards into a Valentine's Day Mailbox and have family members pick up their valentines.
• Key to My Heart Valentine’s Day Card
• Two Peas in a Pod Card
• School Valentine Card
• Thumbprint Heart Card
• Favorite Valentine's Day Cards
• Homemade Valentine's Cards
• Valentine's Day
• Valentine's Day Crafts
• Valentine's Recipes
• Valentine's Romance
• Valentine’s Coloring Pages