Valentine's Day Pins
Parental supervision is recommended
On February 14th give someone special a fun little gift with these Valentine's Day Pins. Kids will have fun pouring the Plaster of Paris into the molds and decorating their pin craft afterwards.
What you'll need:
- Plaster of Paris
- Measuring cup with a pour spout
- Mixing spoon
- Plastic candy mold
- Pin backs
- Clear glaze or clear spray paint
How to make it:
- Follow the instructions on the back of the plaster of Paris carton and prepare a small portion at a time. Keeping in mind that this does set fairly fast.
- Pour the mixture into a candy mold of your choice. I chose a beautiful, detailed heart approximately 2" in size.
- Continue to fill up the entire mold. Do not over fill.
- As soon as you fill one heart or other shape, place a pin back into the plaster of Paris. Hold until it stands freely. A few seconds.
- Let dry overnight. Pop out the pins when dry and let your child(ren) paint them. When the paint is dry, an adult can spray a glossy clear paint on the pin to finish.