Parental supervision is recommended
Decorative roses make this Valentine Scrunchie craft an adorable accessory for children to wear on Valentine's Day, or any day.
What you'll need:
- 12" ribbons
- 1-3 small fake roses
- Hot glue gun
- Wide ribbon
- Button, round or large heart
- Fimo or Sculpey
- Fabric paint
How to make it:
- Take some 12" long ribbons, fold them in half, then tie a knot in the center. String a few beads on each end of the ribbon then knot the ends. Sew to the scrunchie, adding a few beads or a special button to cover the knot.
- Use hot glue to attach 1-3 small fake roses in a cluster to the scrunchie. Be very careful with the hot glue gun!
- Take a couple of wide ribbons, put one on top of the other, and make a bow.
- Sew the bow to the scrunchie, making sure to stitch through the center of the bow so that it will not untie.
- Make a special button or bead with Fimo or Sculpey according to the manufacturer's instructions. Then sew the button or bead to the scrunchie.
- Take a long piece of lace and tie it into a bow, then attach to the scrunchie. Or hand stitch along one edge of the lace and then gather it into a circle.
- Attach a large heart button or small fake rose in the center.
- Use fabric paint to decorate the scrunchie with squiggles, dots, or small designs like hearts.
Here are some ideas for decorating the scrunchie - let your creativity go!
If you have some plain scrunchies, you can dress them up in a variety of ways to make it look like a Valentine Scrunchie.
You might find that putting the scrunchie onto a can to stretch it and hold it in one position will help with the decorating.
We've got more scrunchies, barrettes, and other hair crafts